Thursday, August 25, 2011

Birthday Blessings

Hi everyone!  I hope you are all enjoying the summer sunshine!  It's beautiful outside in the Vancouver area and I have to admit, I have been shut up in my craft room ALL day!  I have been productive so far, today, and I don't plan on leaving my craft room just yet, however, I did bring the sunrays inside with this card that I made for my friend's birthday this weekend:





I am entering this card into the following challenges:

 - Lily Pad Cards - Sketch Challenge

- Anyone for Anya - Vintage Vibes (maybe I went more Retro than Vintage...but, isn't Retro, Vintage?  LOL)

- CASE Study - Signature Style (since starting with Copics, I feel like I have more than one signature style..never used to use "cartoon-y" images and my cards were more sophisticated...perhaps I will submit more than one card?)


- Papertake Weekly Challenge - Dies to Die For!


Supplies:
Cardstock: SU! - Crumb Cake; Kraft - Misc.; White - Neenah Solar Crest
DP: Echo Park - Splash 6x6 Paper Pad
Stamps: TGF - Cheeky Beach; Verve - Blessings (sentiment)
Ink: Memento - Rich Cocoa; SU! - Not Quite Navy
Copics: Hair - E33, E35, E37; Skin - E21; Cheeks - R20; Bathing Suit & Shoes - Y15, Y17; Flower - YR14, YR16, YR18, Y15, Y17; Beach Ball - BG02, BG05, Y15, Y17, YR 14, YR 16
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities - Petite Ovals SM & LG, Labels 20, Circles
Accessories: Glass Glitter - SU! - Champagne; Buttons - Misc.; Twine - Misc.; Embossing Powder - Ranger Ink - Clear

7 comments:

Nancy

This is such a fabulous card...I love how you interpreted the sketch and your coloring is just amazing! Thanks for joining us at Lily Pad Cards!

Tui Nathan

Wow ... what a fabulous card ... love the bright bold colours, those sun rays are awesome, your colouring is amazing and the glass glitter is a perfect finishing touch! Great job ...

Aimes

This is so darn cute!!!! I LOVE the way those rays glow and the sand is simply the icing on a very sweet card :D
Thanks for sharing your signature style with us on CASE study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Lin

Beautifully done, Naomi, and I love the complimentary color scheme - always says summer to me! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lily Pad Cards!

~Tammy~

Your card is amazing!!!!

Lorraine A

Fantastic card ! I love the sunray ,, brilliant and the image is very cute ,, love the beach ball too ,, such fabulous colours and her hair looks fab ! wonderful colouring !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

I am now a stalker :-)

cbuswell

Amazing coloring! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! : )