Friday, October 14, 2011

Zinnias

Hi there,
Today I have a card that I made for the Flourishes Show Me Challenge.  To participate, all you have to do is go to the Flourishes Tutorial Library and find new a technique or project that you'd like to try and make it!  I chose Frames Created With Nestabilities Dies.


Here is my resulting card:





I had a bit of a tough time trying to do the double embossing on the frame as I have a Vagabond, not a Grand Calibur but, it is lightly embossed, just wish I could have gotten it to emboss deeper...other than that, this is a super easy technique and I'll definitely be doing it again!


For the image, I used Zinnias by Flourishes.  It was my first time inking it up and it was lovely to colour...I am really happy with the fall colours I used on this one...


Well, that's it for now...I will be back shortly with another card.  If you would like to know the Specific products that I used, please see the Supply List below.


Thanks for stopping by!


Supply List:
Cardstock:  SU! - Dusty Durango, Chocolate Chip
DP: SU! - Autumn Meadows
Stamps: Flourishes - Zinnias
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Antique Linen
Copics: E40, E41, YR14, YR16, YR18, Y13, Y15, YG93, YG95, YG97
Embellishments: Ribbon - Celebrations (Michael's); Pearls - Recollections (Michael's)

6 comments:

Cheryl

Those zinnias are beautiful, and I love that you colored the container in a neutral color. Gorgeous card. Fab bow, too. :)

Tanya

Ah, this is gorgeous! I love the warm fall colors, and look at that awesome bow!

ChristineCreations

So warm and perfect for autumn! Such a lovely rich card. Thanks so much for playing in the challenge :)

Marlene

Hi Naomi, thank you so much for your beautiful comment on my blog. I just started following yours too. Your work is stunning! This card is so beautiful and elegant. Can't wait to see more of your posts.
xxx
Marlene

Jess-The Whimsical Butterfly

This is SO gorgeous! What a GREAT fall card and beautiful fall papers. Your coloring ROCKS!

Beate

Gorgeous fall card!
Hugs and smiles