Wednesday, March 28, 2012

DYSU #65 - Stitch It!

Hello everyone and welcome to a new challenge at DYSU!
This week, we'd like to see you stitch on your cards!  
Whether it's real stitching or faux stitching, either will do!


This week we have three sponsors:
$10 Gift Voucher


$15 Gift Certificate


Winner's Choice of 4 Images

Here is what I came up with:
I got to use this cute digital image from Michelle's Scrapbooking called I'm Not Ready.  I coloured it up with Copics (Y13, Y15, Y17, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y32, Y35, Y38, BG0000, BG10, BG11, BG13, YR14, YR16, YR18, YG93, YG95, YG97, YG99, E23, E27, E29, E40, E41, E42) and sponged it with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Pumice Stone.  I used a doily, from Wilton, to mat the main image.  All of the papers are from the MME Follow Your Heart Be Amazing 6x6 paper pad and although it's not that easy to see in the photo, I stitched the two background papers together using my Janome Sew Mini and white upholstery thread from Gutermann.  To top it off, I added a seam binding bow and a Vintage Button in Aqua Mist from Papertrey Ink.  The sentiment, which is from the Spring is Sprung Stamp Set from Flourishes, was stamped in SU! Classic ink in Basic Grey and the Flatback Pearls (5mm & 2mm, white) are from Pizzazz Aplenty.

Anyway, I hope you like my spring-y card!
Now it's time for you to head on over to DYSU to see what the rest of the DT cooked up!
I look forward to seeing all of your wonderful projects!

Happy Stamping!
Naomi

Supplies: