Sunday, January 6, 2013

January Beautiful World Tour

Hello everyone!  And welcome to chilly Vancouver, Canada!  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season!  I can't believe that 2012 has come and gone and now, it is time for the January Beautiful World Tour!

If you have arrived from Iwona's Blog, then you are in the right place.  If not, please head over to the Flourishes Blog to start from the beginning.

One lucky winner is chosen from the comments each month to WIN their choice of Flourishes stamp set.  All you need to do is follow the hop and leave comments along the way.  You do not need to comment on every stop, however, the more you comment on, the bigger your chance of winning!


This month, Meredith has challenged all of us girls to create a tag.

Here is what I created:
Since it was my dad's 58th birthday yesterday, I decided to make a masculine tag which would work equally well for NYE as it would for his birthday.  I tried to keep it simple and elegant.  I used the Flourishes Moments In Time Stamp Set stamping the clock face in Versafine Black Onyx ink and cut it out using Spellbinders Classic Circles.  I sponged the image with ink, using the die as a stencil before mounting it, with foam tape, on a piece of black cardstock which had been cut-out using the Flourishes Tailor-Made Classic Keyhole Die Set.   I then stamped the sentiment, aslo from Moments In Time, in the same black in and cut it out using the other die from the Tailor-Made Classic Keyhole Die Set also sponging it with ink and using the die as a stencil.  I then doubled up some foam tape and mounted the sentiment on top of the bottom portion of the main image.  To finish it all off, I added a few clear rhinestones and attached the tag using a silver mesh ribbon.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your stop here in Canada...now, you're off to visit...


Happy Stamping!

28 comments:

Carol D

Love it and a wonderful masculine tag.
Carol x

Sasha

Your bottle tag is fabulous, Naomi! I love your clock! x

Words and Pictures

What a great way to zhuzh up a bottle gift - I'm sure your dad loved it! The clock looks fabulous...
Alison x

Nancy

What a fabulous masculine or New Years Eve tag! Sure makes a boring bottle spectacular!!!

Becky

What a great idea.

Allison Cope

Awesome tag Naomi! I love the elements and shapes you used. I'm sure your Dad appreciated his gift!

Unknown

Great idea of a tag. Cheers.

Unknown

i love your masculine tag. It's fantastic. Thanks for sharing. i am a new follower

Cynthia

Fun tag and great way to dress up this gift!

Emily Keaton

What a sweet wine bottle tag! That is a great idea.

Sherry

I have to admit that I had to do a double take to see your tag....at first I thought it was an advertisement....absolutely fabulous!

Tricia T

What a great way to use the clock image! I like the addition of the rhinestone to anchor the clock hands!

Tricia

Sue D

Fabulous and versatile tag!

stampqueen

Great guy tag!!! I use that set alot for the gys!!!

Kris B

Wonderful tag! Very unique and elegant. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy Jones

What an awesome Masculine tag Naomi!! Love what you've done here and that big sparkly bow is fabulous!! :)

Belinda

This is an awesome tag!!!

Meredith MacRitchie

What an awesome idea - to use the clock as the focal point... and I love that it's such a perfect masculine tag. Gorgeous!!

Linda

It's the perfect masculine tag.

Jessica Strider

Oh, that looks fantastic. I love clocks on cards and tags. And the sentiments with that set are wonderful. Love the big silver bow too. :)

Joan V

Oh, what an awesome idea. I would love to make these to keep on hand for that "last minute" need of a gift tag. Thanks for sharing.

sara

Hello from Texas USA! Great masculine tag love that bow.

Miriam Prantner

What a fun tag! This would be perfect for New Year's too!

Misti

Great masculine tag!!

Helen

What a great "man tag"! So clever and the bow gives it a real zing!

Anne-Elise

What a great tag, Naomi! Love the beautiful clock! Hugs

Ravengirl

How elegant! Love this!

lisa808

Fabulous tag/gift idea.