Sunday, April 17, 2011

Happy Together

Update:
I am so flattered that I made, "The Cream in Our Coffee", this week at The Play Date Cafe!  It was a wonderful colour scheme and so easy to work with...I could make project after project with these colours. :)  Many thanks to the DT at The Play Date Cafe!

My brother-in-law is newly engaged and they are expecting a baby!  Very exciting and I wanted to make a card that was appropriate for both occasions rather than give them multiple cards..this is what I came up with!  Unfortunately, I forgot to take proper pics before I gave them the card...so, these pics I took with my iPhone will have to do... :(





This picture was taken before I added the sentiment.

I used the Play Date Cafe colour palette:



I am entering this card in the following challenges:


Supply List:
Card Stock: Stampin Up - Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
DSP: American Crafts...I think (scored this on clearance for $0.30/sheet)
Stamp Set: Stampin Up - Happy Together
Envelope: Stampin Up - Medium Envelope- Crumb Cake
Ink: Stampin Up - Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake
Embellishments: Twine - Unknown; Pearls - Kaisercraft - Chocolate

12 comments:

Colleen Dietrich

These little birdies remind me of The Partridge Family show! Remember all of them at the beginning of the show? THis is so cute in our challenge colors this week. THanks for sharing it with us at The Play Date CAfe!

Hands On

Great colour combo. I really like the twine wrapped around the card multiple times. Perfect touch. So glad you played with us at Stampin' Royalty this week.

Andrea Ewen

Those are some pretty awesome pics for an iphone! Sometimes I can't get my Photoshopped photos to look that good! I think that you had a great idea with the combination of a card, it's a perfect sentiment for both occasions and not too girly for a guy. It's an adorable image and you've done a fab job with our colors! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Naomi

Colleen:
They make me think of the Partridge family, too! I think that's why I find them so adorable...although I also thought the song, "Happy Together" was Partridge family or David Cassidy but, it was, "The Turtles", lol...their theme song was, "Come on Get Happy", though...watched a lot of their re-runs as a kid :)
Hands On:
I really loved this colour combo, too. I may have used ribbon instead of the twine if I had the right ribbon but, I liked the way it turned out with the twine.
Andrea:
I was impressed with the quality of the pics, too. I think they look better than the ones I took with my digital SLR! I got the iPhone 4 for Christmas and it has a 5mp camera, it's much better than the previous iPhone camera!

Thanks for all of the kind words, ladies, I appreciate it! :D

Georgeann Manning

Oh, super cute!! I love it! Thanks for playing this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

Anonymous

Cute, cute cute! Love it! :)

Tracey

Adorable!!! LOVE it Naomi! Fabulous use of the PDCC colours too! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

Jaclyn Miller

Oh, I just love that image, and how you've used the colors and how you stamped the envelope! Great job. Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

Michele Gross

How cute! A Partridge Family! ;D
Love all the wonderful designing you did by finishing the inside and the envelope too! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Jinny Newlin

So, super sweet! LOVE that bold, green, polka dot, patterned paper and those darling birds! Plus, way to go the extra mile and finish the inside and the envelope, too! Woohoo! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Julie Ranae

Really lovely work! SO glad you brought it to The Play Date Cafe : )

Jackie

Fabby card, great image. Thank you for sharing with us at AGOAC this time. hugs Jackie x