Thursday, December 15, 2011

DYSU #50 - Winter



Hi all! Welcome back for a new challenge here at Do You Stack Up?! As the chilly weather moves in, we want you to show us your Winter projects!




This week's Sponsors:





Crafty Emma
£10 Gift Voucher (exc p&p) 


Digi Darla
Digital Stamp Club
One Month’s Membership
Inky Impressions
$10 Gift Certificate

Here is my project for this week...and FINALLY, something other than a card!




Well, I'm actually feeling REALLY under the weather right now, so I'll keep this short and sweet...
This project was SUPER easy although, it was my first ornament so, it took a lot longer than it should've..a lot of tweaking...
Basically, I just printed and coloured my image (Digi Darla - Caroling kids), coloured it, cut it out and mounted it on a piece of acetate which I cut a circle out of usin Spellbinders Classic Circles.  I then rolled it up and put it inside the ornament, adjusted it, added Diamond Dust, and recapped it.  Last, I added a bow with some jingle bells and voila!  An easy holiday ornament!  I had been wanting to stamp some white snowflakes onto the acetate but, I didn't have any white StazOn nor did I have an acetate that can take heat embossing...mine just kept warping...so, now snowflakes this time but, perhaps next time, I'll be more prepared!

I apologize for the poor photo quality...I couldn't manage to get a photo without getting a glare on the ornament...I ordered a photo tent/light set up so, I am hoping that soon, I won't have these types of problems anymore!

Anyway, I hope you like my project and that you'll stop by DYSU and join in the fun this week!
Happy Holidays!

Supply List:
Cardstock: PTI - White
Digi: Digi Darla - Caroling Kids
Copics: Assorted
Ornament: Celebrate It - Plastic Craft Ornament (Michaels)
Ribbon: May Arts - 1" Red Grosgrain/Satin Edge Ribbon
Bells: Creatology - Red - 10mm (Michaels)