Wednesday, November 16, 2011

DYSU #46 - Splash of Blue

Hey everyone!  Welcome back to a new challenge at Do You Stack Up?!  I'm so glad you could join us!  This week we want to see a Splash of Blue on your project!






This week's Sponsors:



Robyn’s Fetish
Winner’s Choice of EITHER 5 Digital Stamps OR 4 Digital Stamps and 1 Paper Pack

Raindrop Echo Designs
Winner’s Choice of 4 Digi Sentiment Sets

Mami Doodles
4 Digital Images


So, here is my card for this week:




This month over at the Flourishes Blog, Tami Mayberry is in The Limelight and she shared this sketch with us:


I used Tami's sketch along with some FABULOUS Flourishes stamps from the Kids Play set to make this card.  I am a real sucker for punny sentiments and as soon as I saw this image and sentiment, I knew that I HAD to buy this set!  Although, I must admit...I feel this way when I see most Flourishes sets because they just make the most STUNNING stamps!  The DP is from the MME Lost & Found Two - Breeze collection 6x6 paper pad...I have to say that I am IN LOVE with the ENTIRE Lost & Found Two line...each collection is so GORGEOUS and the patterns coordinate with each other brilliantly! Breeze is absolutely PERFECT for masculine cards although I think this card is definitely unisex and I have several friends that I should probably send this card to since, I hate to admit it, but, I've been sort of hermitting myself into my stamp room these past few months....guess I'll be making some more, "hello", cards soon...

Anyway, I truly hope that you'll join us over at DYSU this week and incorporate some blue into your project...I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Supply List:
Cardstock: PTI - Kraft
DP: MME - Lost & Found Two - Breeze
Stamps: Flourishes - Kids Play
Ink: SU! - Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
Dies: Spellbinders - Classic Ovals, Scalloped Ovals
Accessories: Buttons - Basic Grey; Twine - May Arts


    13 comments:

    Miranda

    gorgeous card Naomi, very pretty and stylish
    great colourcombo too
    hugs
    Miranda

    WencheP

    I love it! Love the image, love the colorcombo - love everything!

    Hugs,
    Wenche

    Beate

    Naomi, this looks amazing! Love the soft sponging around the image and the papers you chose for it.
    Hugs and smiles

    Denise

    Brilliant card Naomi - love that silhouette image and the inking gives it a real misty feel.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    Creations by Shirl

    Such a pretty color combo card Naomi!
    love it~

    Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor

    Lovely card, Naomi! :)

    Sue Lelli

    Naimi, LOVE the different patterns and that silhouette image. The buttons are a FAB detail, too! GREAT card!

    Unknown

    Wow what a really classy card!!!!! Love it and you did a fabulous job on it too!!!!

    Unknown

    That's beautiful and dreamy

    Delphine

    So beautiful, Naomi! I love your image, so peaceful, and your papers and colours are perfect with it! Thanks for having me as GDT at DYSU this week! Hugs Delphine xx

    Marcy

    I love the image you used. This is a wonderful masculine card...we don't see too many of those! Great card!

    Unknown

    WOW!! This card is a stunner!! You nailed this challenge. Hugs, Joan

    Marlena M.

    I love this image and your card. It is so handsome. ;)