Monday, November 28, 2011

RTB85 - Thank You/Grateful

Hi Everyone,
After participating in one of the challenges over at Raise The Bar a couple of weeks ago, I was asked to guest design for this week's challenge.  In honour of American Thanksgiving this past Thursday, the theme is Thank You/ Grateful.

Here is what I came up with:



I used the colour inspiration from the current CR84FN Challenge # 43.  The colours are brown, tan, and green. The only exception is the figs which I coloured purple but, for some reason, the brown DP that I matted the main image with looks sort of purple at the top of the card...this is just an illusion...



I also used the current Deconstructed Sketch #28:


I have A LOT to be thankful for...a wonderful man who is giving and is a great cook, an awesome and supportive family, great friends, a comfortable life, two of the cutest, cuddliest, most lovable boy cats, Tai & Mischa.....and I've also been incredibly LUCKY in Blogland these past few months and have won a TON of stuff by participating in challenges, blog hops, and giveaways.  I have been getting A LOT of HAPPY MAIL this past while....This is just one more thing that I'm VERY THANKFUL for!

Last week, I received a HUGE blog candy from the UBER-talented Flourishes Senior DT member, Stacy Morgan.  She had a giveaway to celebrate her new position on the SCS Dirty Dozen...and can you believe that I WON?!  The prize package included 4 stamp sets from my FAVOURITE stamp company Flourishes (Christmas Candles, Meet Me Under the Mistletoe, Warm Winter Wishes, Christmas Borders), 3 Stamp sets from Clear Dollar Stamps (Antique Ornaments, Pointsettia Joy, Little Bethlehem), Two 6x6 paper pads (EP - Holly Jolly Christmas; Bo Bunny - Blitzen), Spellbinders Holiday Tags, a couple packages of bling, and a HUGE package of 21 GORGEOUS different types of ribbons!

Here is a photo:
THANK YOU, Stacey, I am THOROUGHLY enjoying this AMAZING prize package!

This week, I received 24 brand new Marvy Uchida Le Plume Permanent Alcohol Markers (like Copics) that I won over at Trina's blog.  She had won a set and they accidentally sent her two...when she contacted them, they said she could do whatever she wished with them so she had a giveaway!  I can't wait to give these markers a whirl....my Copic Instructor, Tobi, tried them out and said she LOVED them!

Thank you, Trina!

I also should mention that I won another HUGE blog candy from the SUPER sweet Julie Koerber (Flourishes Senior DT Coordinator), at the beginning of September.  It included 6 Flourishes stamp sets (Sunflowers, Apple of my Eye, Gerbera Daisies, Falling Leaves, Honeycomb, Motherly Love), Impression Obsession - Dream Cling Stamp, two 6x6 paper pads, ribbon, and pearls.

Thank you SO much Julie!

I have actually won SO much stuff since the beginning of summer, that I had wanted to blog about it but, was always waiting for something else to arrive first!  Since I haven't had the chance to do any shout outs, I've compiled a comprehensive list of everything I've won:

June:
July:
- The Greeting Farm - The entire Blush Society Collection - Bonnie, Babette, Hello, Heart (TGF Blog)
August:
September:
- Blog Candy (Julie Koerber's Blog)
October:
- There She Goes - Flying By (Theresa's Blog, There She Goes Birthday Celebration)
- Blog Candy (Stacey Morgan's Blog)
November:
- The Greeting Farm - The Entire November Release Holiday Anya, WS Matilda, CC Saturday, CC Sunday, PLUS CC Piper (TGF SCS Release Chat)
- Blog Candy - Marvy Markers (Trina's Blog)

A BIG thank-you to The Greeting Farm, Flourishes, There She Goes, Paper and Such, Market Street Stamps, Whiff of Joy, Whimsy Stamps, Anyone for Anya, Lily Pad Cards, Iwona Palamountain, Julie Koerber, Stacey Morgan, and Trina!  You all have been SO generous and I TRULY appreciate it!

I made this list from memory and I hope I didn't leave anything/anyone out....sorry for the SUPER LONG post...

Anyway, I hope that you'll hop on over to Raise The Bar and join in on the fun...I can't wait to see what you create!

Supply List:
Cardstock: PTI (Kraft, White), Bazzill (Misc. Brown)
DP: MME - Stella & Rose - Hazel
Ink: Memento - Rich Cocoa
Copics: Assorted
Accessories: Button - CTMH, Seam Binding - thisgoodday (Etsy), Twine - May Arts, Crochet Lace Trim - Misc. (Joann)


6 comments:

Deborah Frings

I really like yoru card - the figs look wonderful. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!!

You've been really lucky with your wins - enjoy!

Trina

You've been racking up! Enjoy all of your goodies!
I love the colors on your card!

Mona Pendleton

So pretty! The lace trim adds such a touch of elegance! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Thanh Vo

LOL oh my!! Way to win Naomi. Congrats.

Heather Rogers

You made those Figs look amazing, girl! I love the green and purple together. Thanks so much for playing at CR84FN. :)

You sure did hit the blog candy lottery! That is a lot of goodies that will last you a long time.
Hugs~

mylittlecardstudio.blogspot.com

Wow, amazing how you have won all these fabulous goodies, well done you! Your cards are fabulous too so i am now your newest follower! Love how you colour your images and i am looking forward to seeing some with stitching very soon? lol Best wishes, Jill :)